Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tiring week

This week has been especially draining for me, it's all work related. There's a huge event coming up in the end of Sept & I'm heavily involved in it. It'll be difficult for me to have a good rest till Oct, I'm so looking forward to 29 Sep, when all this madness ends.

Anyway, we'd visited the gynae on Monday, it was my 28th week of pregnancy. And nanami is growing real fast, she's now 1.3kg! According to Baby Centre, she's only supposed to be a little over 1kg at this stage. Well, as long as she's growing well & healthy (heartbeat is normal & my gynae said her size is just a little big), I guess this is alright. And I'd only gained 2.1kg since my last visit so everything's under control.

I loved the ultrascan portion of my visit the best, that's when we get to see nanami 'up-close-and-personal'. She was moving her little hand over her face when the ultrascan was done.

We can't see her whole body now as she grows bigger so the scan sheets that we get now only show her face & body. I don't know if it's easy for you to read the scan but it's her side profile, with her head on the right and her right hand over her mouth. Her body and left hand are in shot as well.

Everyone's been asking me if I'm excited about nanami's arrival. I'm not sure if I'm excited yet but Nic & myself have been making preparaions for her. Last Fri, we bought her pram. And today, we just bought a new digital camera, a Casio Exilim Z100. It's been 4 years since we bought our 1st digital camera, a Nikon coolpix, which is 5.1 megapixel. So I thought it's time to upgrade to a 10 megapixel digital camera with wide angle lens and a slimmer body, so we can take shots of nanami easily.

And, of course, I couldn't resist buying some clothes for nanami from the web as there were some good sales taking place ;p I've received 1 of my orders, I'm eagerly waiting for my order from the US now, the package should arrive by the middle of next week. I've to control myself from buying too much now as babies grow real fast and it'll be a waste if she can't wear all the clothes that I've bought for her.

It's time for me to rest now, need to recuperate myself for the exhausting month ahead. Hopefully, I can keep up my weekly updates in the month of Sep.

No comments: