Friday, August 15, 2008

Sneaky sales

I've been on the look out for some baby stuff recently, from prams & car seats to clothes and other daily necessities. Trying to do my homework early so that I can be prepared nanami is close to her arrival date. So 1 of the forums that I've been surfing recently is Singapore Motherhood Forum, which has mothers from Singapore logging in to talk about anything under the sun about babies and more.

And yesterday, Nic's colleague, who also surfs the forum, sent him a couple of interesting links, 1 of them being a mummy who's giving away baby girls' clothes, from 0-3mths. So, naturally, I'm curious why someone would be willing to put up such a thread in the forum, since it's quite unusual for someone to give out free stuff to strangers.

Then I decided to send an email to this person to indicate my interest, I mean, who wouldn't want free stuff right? And since it's for the baby and they grow so fast, I don't mind accepting hand-me-downs, they're good for homewear in Singapore's hot & humid climate. My email was sent about 2hrs after this person posted this thread.

I got a reply 1 day later, ie today. And this person said that the clothes have been given away but she's got new and second hand clothes to sell and gave me a list of items that she's selling! It got me pissed off, this person is obviously not keen on selling but is using underhanded means to generate leads and then sell her stuff! So irritating! Anyway, I got so angry, I wrote back and said "In that case, then I don't need anything since my friends are passing me their stuff". Geez, the nerve!

No comments: