Wednesday, January 04, 2006

My very own blog

My very own blog, finally. I've just recently reached the 30th year of my existance and much as I'd resisted, I realised that I enjoy penning down my thoughts and reflect back years later on how I felt at a certain stage in my life.

Having lived 30 years might sound plenty to some and little to others but to me, I just realised a scary thought. I've reached the mid-point of my existance in this planet & I'm starting to think through what I've done right or wrong for the 1st half of my life....

Then I realised, what's the use of thinking back what I've done right and what I've done wrong? I'm unable to change my past. I have this habit of going through the past and reminiscing about events that happened 1 week/ month/ year ago at a certain time. Then a very special person in my life brought me to my senses. He asked, "Why do you like thinking back about the past?". After much thought, I realised I'm like a frozen clock (as a character in this K-drama, "My Lovely Kim Sam Soon" (MLKSS), had said once), everyone else is moving forward but I'm still living in the past.

I guess the past has many fond memories for me, be they good or bad but life is short, I need to move forward & make the most of my time & cherish what the future beholds for me. So, today, 4 January 2006, I've decided to start making the most of the 2nd half of my life & "carpe diem" (as Robin Williams' character, John Keating, told his students in the movie "Dead Poet's Society").

So, to my life, here I come, see me charging towards you without a fear, come what may & I fear nothing, I only fear I'll leave without having lived my life to the fullest.

No comments: