Friday, November 28, 2008

4 weeks old, not a girl, not yet a woman

Baby Chloe is exactly 4 weeks old today. On Sunday, we'll be celebrating her full month. Gosh, time flies, I can't believe I've been a mother for 4 weeks! It'd been very eventful journey, especially the 1st week. I'm slowly geting used to baby Chloe's tantrums & understanding her a little better now. And Nic & myself are building up resources so that we can care for her better.
So far, Chloe sleeps, wakes up, screams for attention or food, we feed her, then, depending on her mood, either she sleeps back on fusses around for up to 5hrs before she sleeps again! And she likes being carried, which is very tiring on us.

Now, we've discovered a couple of ways to make her less reliant on us carrying her. 1 way is to put her on the stroller. I guess a moving stroller does calm her a little and she can sleep in it. Gotta make full use of the stroller, since it's quite a big investment for us.

And yesterday, we bought a rocker chair for her. At least she can join the rest of the family in the living room in the day time, rather than being couped up in her baby cot everyday. Judging from her reaction, she seems to like it, so far, I hope it lasts.

As baby Chloe grows, I've begun to discover many cute traits about her. Such as she's quite a messy sleeper, like me. ie her hands are spread out and she's begun to turn from the original position where we place for her to sleep, almost a 90 degree turn. It's a good thing that the cot is still big enough for her to do her turns. And she'll raise both hands & legs when she's scared, sort of like saying "I surrender".

Below are some pix of her sleeping patterns & other pix taken throughout the past 4 weeks.



No comments: